(VVNEWS.com)- Did you know that your eyes can become sunburned?
75 percent of Americans are concerned about exposure to the sun’s UV rays, but only 31 percent of Americans wear sunglasses when they venture outside. You know wearing sunblock can help to protect your skin. Don’t forget to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
Eye Care Tips
- UV exposure increases the likelihood of the formation of cataracts
- UV exposure can cause cancer of the eye or eyelid
- Water reflects up to 100 % of UV rays
- Concrete reflects up to 25% of UV rays
- Grass reflects up to 3% of UV rays
- The eyes of a child are more vulnerable to UV rays than an adults
- Exposure to UV rays promotes more rapid age-related macular degeneration and blindness
- The harmful effects of UV rays are cumulative over a lifetime of exposure
- Squinting in the sun causes wrinkles
- UV rays are just as dangerous on cloudy days as sunny days